Friday, February 28, 2014

Introducing the Mischievous Ones


Hi everyone... I thought this morning I would do a quick introduction of the namesakes for SillyCats Studio... Yes! Pictures of my cats! LOL!


So, this is Mr. Moe the 19lb Maine Coon cat!!! He came to us by way of the Wake County animal shelter in November 2011. They think he was about 3 years old at the time. He had actually been surrendered by his previous owner because he was "too" aggressive. All we have ever experienced with him is that of a gentle giant. Here he sits in one of my ever present boxes on the floor of the studio just looking up at me waiting for the moment he can play in the paint when I am not looking!









And this is "little" Master Cooper... he also is a rescue from the Wake County SPCA. He came to us as a 6 week old ball of fluff in December of 2012, but soon grew into a long and lanky 13lb miniature terrorist. We originally decided to get a second cat so that Moe would have a reason to get off of his big ol' Maine Coon butt and move a little, but Cooper has wormed his way into our hearts (and my water colors, and my encaustics, and my paper stash, and my... well, you get the picture).









Just so that you get a size comparison of the two together... here they sit at the back door watching birdies fly around the back yard.


And, the whole gang.... no dogs allowed in the studio though. For some reason, they think there is food in the tubs of gesso and tubes of paints!!!

Well, so there ya go... I am sure that from time to time, I will put up a few more pics of the mischievous ones... but, for now, I should probably focus on something fun and arty for the next post.

See you then!
~Mique

No comments:

Post a Comment